The Sagay Water District (SWD) is in the process of soliciting nominations to succeed a distinguished member of the Board of Directors to represent the Professional Sector. The policy of the District pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 198 or better known as the “Provincial Water Utilities Act of 1973” (as amended) is to solicit nominations from non-government organization to fill the vacant position.
With your wholehearted support, may we request to submit your Nomination attached with a Notarized Secretary Certificate or Board Resolution authorizing the Nominating Officer. The basic qualifications of a Director in the SWD Board of Directors are as follows:
- A citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- Of voting age;
- Resident of Sagay City;
Additionally, the appointee –
- Certification by the Appointee under oath (notarized), that he/she is:
- Must not be a relative within the third (3rd) degree of affinity or consanguinity of the appointing authority;
- Must not be a government employee / official
- Not covered by 1 year election Ban
- Updated bio-data with recent picture and signature of the appointee
- Photocopy of the appointees valid PRC or IBP license
- Certification as to the Appointees Bona fide membership in nominating organization
Nominations and a Notarized Secretary Certificate or Board Resolution are to be submitted to the Board Secretary (Ms. Lura A. Javelosa) on or before November 1, 2020. Thereafter, all nominations received shall be endorsed to the appointing authority to appoint a new member of the Board, whose term will commence on January 1, 2021 and expire on December 31, 2026.